I have said it before, but I am not one for New Year’s resolutions. That being said again, maybe it’s time for one. And that resolution could be hard scheduling some time for writing during the week. Instead of squeezing into awkward time slots or really bad time slots, I could set aside time just for writing. It’s a crazy idea, but it just might work. Sounds better than cramming it into 15 minutes at the end of a lunch break that’s not guaranteed. Or writing for 45 minutes when I should’ve been in bed an hour and a half earlier. That’s the big downside of being the rule maker in the house. It’s so easy to be the number one rule breaker.
Anti-craft rambling aside, I really do have some thing for the week that resembles a plan. So here are my crafty bits for the week. I am going to be a bit ambitious because my lovely hubby will be gone this weekend as well, so it’s my last bit of me being in near total control of the weekend.
- Finish my Mom’s first gift
- Trim all the squares for the blanket
- Interface all the squares for said blanket
- Embroider doll face
I’m not even going to mention the bonus items. But they are on my paper list. I also get to bake cookies tonight for my daughter’s Christmas program. I can’t wait to see how they plan to wrangle 20 two and three-year-old people and get them to sing. Together. My guess is it will be like herding cats. A mess, but fun to watch. As long as I don’t have the crabby cat.
Also, notes to myself for next year’s holiday season.
- Buy allergy meds. Because this is year two of having a real tree and year two of wanting to claw my own eyes out.
- Start crafting when it’s still hot. I will be very happy I did. Remember December is hectic and includes a birthday already. Stop adding to the last-minute stress.
- Spend Thanksgiving weekend making cookie dough to freeze. Once again, you will have plenty else to keep busy with.
The funny thing is, I still don’t feel that stressed. But I think any stress is coming out sideways and resulting in me doing things like falling asleep in front of the t.v. at 8 p.m. Which is why I am doing my Monday post on Tuesday. See what I meant by slow start? But seriously, I hope all of you are taking good care of yourselves. You know, getting lots of sleep, drinking fluids and spending some time at home with your family and friends. It’s a big wish, but I am putting it out there.