I had a wonderful plan. Sleep in a bit Saturday, have breakfast with my kiddo and then get my craft on. I can’t begin to tell you how badly that went. My husband ended up coming home this weekend instead of next, so we moved Ls birthday party so he could be a part of it. So that lead to shopping for food, making a cake last-minute and speed cleaning the house. We also got a Christmas tree because it was now or never. And for the first time, we decorated the outside of the house with lights. Don’t get me wrong, it was all awesome and totally worth it. But it really narrowed down my crafting time. And just as I was about to get started on a project, there was an unfortunate incident with some jet black boot sealer. Suffice it to say, I was unable to sew, crochet or embroider. But I think the last of it has finally come off.
The good news is, during the week I did decent. Decentish. Good enough that I am officially over being super pissed and am now ready for another week. So here is where this week’s goals are sitting.
- Afghan square(s). One and a half totally done! Plus the center for a dozen more.
- Cut out doll parts. Traced, not cut out.
- Find doll hair. I have something I like, but I am holding out for something I love.
- Cut out grill mitt pieces. Fabric is washed and ironed. Didn’t get past that.
- Finish sister-in-laws pillow. Not finished, but I did get a bit more done.
- Work on jars with L. Done!
So not too bad considering I essentially lost two days. The funniest part — I didn’t get a picture of the birthday cake! Oh, well. Trust me, it was yummy.
So now I am off to get a good night’s sleep. Because over the next three weeks, I will be losing a lot of it. See you back here tomorrow.