About two weeks ago, I had the first really bad craft fail I’ve had in a long time. A really long time. I won’t re-hash it, but I was super upset. Pissed enough that I ignored the project for a few days so I could regroup and create a few plan. Luckily, I think everything turned out even better.
As I started cleaning the paint off the cookie sheets, I decided to leave the edges alone. They were sticking really well because they somehow didn’t peel or buckle at all. So I left the rough paint edges and decided to roll with what I do best — assemblage art. After the boards were more or less cleaned up, I started pulling all sorts of extras that reminded me of each girl. Then I used hot glue and adhesive paper to get everything secured. Overall, I am super happy with how they turned out, despite the detour.
Besides liking the design better, I think these may end up being tougher. Even if the paint has stuck on really well, I now realize the magnets would’ve scratched it up so fast it would’ve looked awful. This time around, I used heavy double-sided adhesive paper to attach fabric. Now, all three chore boards should stand up to actual everyday use. Now all I have to do is mail them out express to make up for lost time. I already feel a huge, crafty weight lifting off my shoulders!
Happy Monday everyone!